Portch Tea kombucha, or "Farmer's Booch," was first introduced to the market just over a year ago. Our primary focus is a carefully and thoughtfully harvested and fermented product that not only tastes delicious but improves physical and mental function. PorTch Tea is unlike any other kombucha you've ever tasted.
PorTch Tea Kombucha is produced on family owned and operated Pheasant Hill Farm in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. Three generations work together throughout each stage of the process, from growing to fermenting, to develop the highest quality kombucha tea. At PorTch Tea, we pride ourselves on our regenerative, chemical-free farming practices.
- NO Chemical Pesticides
- NO Chemical Herbicides
- NO Chemical Fertilizers
The foundation for PorTch Tea Kombucha is organic black tea, organic yerba mate, and organic sugar. The SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria & Yeast) is what allows nature's magic to happen. Farmer's Booch is available in 6 standard varieties. However, on-tap sales allow us greater flexibility and more room for experimentation with our herbs and fruit used to flavor the booch during the second ferment. From week to week, the taste of any "standard" flavor of kombucha may vary a bit due to the raw, live culture it contains, as well as temperature and timing.
- Chamomile Lavender: Floral, fruity sweetness like a sweet-tart apple. Balanced, bright and clean.
- Happy Booch: Anise hyssop and St. John's Wort are combined with chamomile and lavender. The flavor is round with just a touch of tartness.
- Tulsi: Earthy, deep, savory and spicy best describe this Kombucha blend.
- Mixed Berry Mint: An refreshing, energizing mix of our homegrown blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Earthy: A deep and savory fusion of beet, fennel, sage and rosemary,
- LBBT?: A delicate blend of lemon balm, bee balm and thyme. It has mostly bright, citric qualities.
PorTch Tea Kombucha is available in bottles or on tap at several different locations. We'll be adding even more farmer's markets, health food stores, cafes, and restaurants soon, so check back frequently to see where you can find PorTch Tea!
PorTch Tea is currently available on tap at:
- Weaver's Way Co-op, Mt. Airy http://www.weaversway.coop/pages/weavers-way-mt-airy
- Nature's Way in Easton http://www.natureswayeaston.com/
- Rodale's Real Food Kitchen (Employee Cafe) http://www.facebook.com/RodalesOrganicEatery/
- Healthy Alternatives in Trexlertown http://www.healthyalt.com/
Available by the bottle at:
You can also find PorTch Tea at the Easton Farmer's Market. http://eastonfarmersmarket.com/
Stay tuned, more farmer's markets to be added soon!
The Pie Shell Campaign will be live in April! We want to bring the PorTch Tea experience to a wider audience. If you're interested in how you can help or would like some more information, click here.
Our specific goals include:
- A "Rolling Taproom" so we can bring our kegs along to Farmer's Markets and festivals.
- A 100% farm based product
- New kegerator units so we can offer our PorTch Tea Kombucha to more restaurants, cafes and stores.
- Producing a new product, called "Jun Tea", which is created with honey rather than sugar. We now have our own hives on the farm, which will take a couple of years to mature enough to use.
The "WHY" for me is this little nugget, and wanting her to know the benefits of self-reliance and connection to nature. PorTch Tea is committed to sustainable conservation and in 2004 our farm received the Lehigh County Conservation District “Conservation Farmer of the Year Award”. Our Kombucha is kind to the environment and to your body, as it possesses a plethora of potential health benefits.
- Contains B Vitamins, enzymes, probiotics
- Chamomile Lavender is great for digestion and is calming and soothing.
- LBBT? is wonderful to help nurse a cough, cold, or congestion.
The high concentration of acetic, gluconic and lactic acids may aid in:
- Improved Digestion
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Cleansing and Detoxification
- Immune Support
- Reduced Joint Pain
*PorTch Tea Kombucha is not intended to treat or cure any diseases.